Sunday, June 15, 2008

Shameful.

So the other day (at work, I'm baaaad) I read through pretty much the entire archive of my blog, and evidently I've changed quite a bit in 1 1/2 years, which doesn't seem possible but there you go. I use punctuation and capitalisation more, and am much more chipper. Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten less awesome in the ways of late night revelations. I have a few suspicions of why that is:

1. I am actually sleeping now, so my brain is less apt to fire out random observations as it sleep-starves.
2. I am also actually using my brain more in general, so perhaps it is less desperate to make things up to keep in shape.
3. I am much happier. Not sure what this has to do with intelligence, but it's a primary difference so it must contribute somehow. (I misspelled must and spellcheck offered SMUT. Grin.)

I plan to write another chapter of University Common. I still need to cast my new character and plot the sorority, which is kind of putting me off, but if the interest is there I can spin off a chapter no probs. And I'll attempt to make some sort of recap page too or, failing that, I can just make a word document that people can request.

There is some exciting news in my life right now. Things are coming together for me. My brother and I have a condo, which is actually a unit in a four plex condo complex dealy, so very house-like with lots of windows and new flooring and a basement and everything. Very exciting. We'll be moving in late august - anybody wanna help?
My mother has a line on a car. It's an 1988 Honda Civic, but it runs and is very cheap, so that is cool. Speaking of cars, I am also needing to actually get a license, so that will happen this month or early next.
My job is going well, even though it can be extraordinarily tedious. For instance, what I am doing now is scanning core descriptions for 2002-04. Very little fun involved in standing at a copier for 6 hrs a day. I have a team building event later this month, but my father has discovered he is unable to go, so I'll be all by myself, which I find rather terrifying. Good times.

And that is what is going on in my life.

3 comments:

Redcard Sanchez said...

Hooray for happiness and success! Also, I think I could help with moving things...I doubt I'll be doing anything super important in August.

Kesineeee said...

Augh! I can't believe it. You have been posting and I have been slacking off in my checking of blogs! bad hermit bad hermit
This is good, please continue! Alas I cannot help ye move as I will be in le BC in August, but it sounds like fun and I am very interested to hear how living with yer sibling goes.
Hermit

Hermit said...

Um, apparently kes was still logged in on my computer...