Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prepare Yourself.

In lieu of important school work I am gonna tackle some of my unfinisheds, so there oughta be a lot of drawings coming in the next couple of days.

First off comes this horse. I have been drawing a lot of horses lately, and this is mostly due to the fact that there are a LOT of tutorials on how to do this. There are also a lot of tutorials on wolves, so I expect I'll move on to canids at some point. This particular horse has a lot of anatomical issues, but I noticed them after I pretty much finished, so I don't really want to redo it. Lazy!


















I also expect that I'll start making real backgrounds, but that will probably be when I am happier with what's in the foreground.
I want to go to Michael's, and buy a selection of those little plastic animals for references, because searching the Internet is not that much fun. Plus, Toys!

I have also been attempting to brainstorm ideas for a comic, because I think this is excellent practice and a good way to track progress. I've thought of an idea of a rat detective, the adventures of a baby crocodile, and a lady minotaur so far. I seem to be staying away from people, which is good because I cannot so much draw them. I will give you, my public, some character sketches and preliminaries to critique, and please toss your own ideas out. Should it be a serial comic, ala Lackadaisy? A serial interspersed with social commentary and witticisms, ala Shortpacked!? Or should it just be a day to day, whatever I feel like drawing, like the Perry Bible Fellowship?
(You should also check out The Abominable Charles Christopher)
Also, is it obvious I found the hyperlink button?

1 comment:

Redcard Sanchez said...

I think a serial comic would be friggin' hard, but I would like to read one done by you (as you are a story-minded person). And it wouldn't ALWAYS have to be serial. Also, I am impressed by your horse, and I think getting wee toys for references is a fine idea.