Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)

I just watched Beetlejuice on the telly. God how I love that movie. It seriously gets better every time.

Okay, so on Friday I had this project due, where I had to find and evaluate 5 secondary sources relevant to a topic for English. Naturally, being me, I put it off until Thursday. But unlike my usual M.O., this time I actually worked. I worked my ass off. I was in the Library for 7 hours on Thursday, basically until it closed. And since my class was at noon the next day, I figured I had enough time to finish in the morning. I had found all my sources, I just need to finish evaluating a couple. So I set my alarm for 8, but got up at 9 (still being me at this point.) I started to work, but lo and behold, I cannot access my online sources from home! Off I went to school, plunked myself down in the library, and plugged away. I realized at some point that "I am going to need to print this off somehow", so I set up an online print account. (Incidentally, yesterday was the first time I have ever bought anything online.) I had to work through class, and I needed to print it off three times until I got it right. I ran off just as class ends, and thankfully, the professor is still there. I spouted off some story about how I forgot it at home (yes, I am a terrible person) and gave the project to her. She took it! It is not late! YAY! I apologised for the lack of any staples or paperclips or anything. She smiled, and relates the observation she made in class - class I missed - that papers without staples look very incriminating - the person was in a huge rush and printed it off at the last second. My response to this was a very weak laugh.

Long story short - I worked hard at something and accomplished it! It feels GOOD to apply myself! Why didn't anybody tell me? The me last year would have said "Screw it, the thing is late anyway," and then never finish it.

This weekend I have a lot of reading to do, but not much else. I have some tests in a couple weeks, and some essays the week after, but nothing next week. I shall take to opportunity to read ahead, and finish the books the essays are on.

Isn't it madness how close we are to the end of school? I have 49 more days left. This term has flown by.

2 comments:

Kesineeee said...

YAY ALI!!! It does feel good, I actually love being in the library..its so nice working hard. AHHH the term has gone by SOOO fast...gack!

Redcard Sanchez said...

You know, I've made the exact same discovery. And It's odd, because a couple of years ago I would have done the same "it's late anyway, might as well not hand it in" thing too.