Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is how much of a nerd I am.

So, the other week I went upstairs, and there was a notice on the fridge from my landlords. It was as follows, and I quote:

The upstairs bathroom will be temporally out of use due to painting. Please cooperate in the use of the downstairs bathroom. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Time is of the essence!

Isn't that awesome? Or did you not notice? There is an amusing typo in there. "Temporally." "1. Of, relating to, or limited by time." The geek in me is entertained, especially by the accidental additional hilarity of "Time is of the essence!"

I saw it, and nearly spewed some milk. I was all "oh, they must be taking the bathroom back in time so the paint dries sooner." I am a dweeb, I thought you knew.

3 comments:

Redcard Sanchez said...

Man, it must be awesome being word-smart.

Wulf said...

To be completely honest, the only reason the word stuck out so much is that Star Trek and other shows of the ilk are very fond of "temporal anomalies".

Kesineeee said...

hahahahah. Man I love you.