Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 things about me

So this meme (or whatever they're called) has been going around, and I finally got tagged on facebook, but I thought I'd put it here with slightly different answers before I edit it and (maybe) put it up there.

1. Sometimes I stay up all night, because I can and also because I'm afraid of running out of time.
2. I have a, hopefully irrational, fear that my irregular sleeping habits will make me more at risk for degenerative brain diseases when I'm older.
3. Blogging kind of makes me uncomfortable, because it's all about me and I cannot fathom anybody being that interested in my life. It's a lot of pressure to entertain.
4. I sometimes like to imagine what the world would be like today had the Edict of Milan never existed.
5. I've never been more introspective than when I was in 1st year, the worst time of my life.
6. In order to feel motivated to do something, I have to feel there's a good reason. It could be just altruism, but there has to be a reason that I feel makes my effort worthwhile.
7. I'm a big ol' feminist, and all around equalist.
8. I really don't like or agree with any of the labels that could theoretically be applied to me.
9. I wish I could be paid to learn things - book knowledge and experience knowledge and physical knowledge (like sports/ martial arts)
10. Despite disagreeing at an ideological level with the founding principles of the movies, I thoroughly enjoyed both Death Race and The House Bunny (and I won't feel guilty about it.)
11. When I was little I tried to figure out how to pee standing up. It really doesn't work.
12. You mess with my friends, I mess with you.
13. I love a clean house, but hate cleaning (don't we all?)
14. I don't follow any shows because a) I never know when they're on and b) there's usually a game on at the same time. Despite this, the tv is usually on for a couple hours a day, even just as background noise.
15. I pride myself on being open-minded and accepting (although I have issues with the word)
16. I don't feel like I can be myself around my family. I've never been that close to them (don't get me wrong, I love them dearly).
17. I want dogs and I want to travel, and those things don't really mix. So I'm gonna have to get my traveling done sooner rather than later.
18. Sometime in my life I want to live with a friend.
19. I want to roadtrip somewhere this summer with my peeps, and we will sing along with ABBA and mixed cds.
20. After I graduate, I want to spend some time just having fun - traveling, doing out-of-character things.
21. My favourite food has got to be the DQ Blizzard, or similar style milkshakes. Healthy, no?
22. I like to peruse craigslist, despite knowing I'll never actually respond/buy anything.
23. I can never have too many graphic t-shirts.
24. Of all the superpowers, I wish I could stop time (and shapeshift).
25. I still can't drive.

Yay, you finished!

2 comments:

Kesineeee said...

I like all of these! We should live together. When we graduate we should live together and do out of character things together! It will be glorious! First year sucked balls eh? I hated mine too. So much hate for the first year!

Hermit said...

So your blog hates me, I have been trying to comment since yesterday! Blerg.
Anyhow, I also tried to pee standing up, however I had some success. I think because I tried it by standing on the endges of the bathtub, hehe. Also yes to living together and roadtripping!
Hurrah.
So, I have been trying to do this since Eve posted hers on facebook and I fail. I think partially because mine is supposed to 25 thing syou dont know about me and with you guys thats pretty ahrd!!
Hermy