Tuesday, February 26, 2008

100th Post!

That's right, lovelies, this is the one hundredth post on this blog. I actually would have gone by birthdays, but I missed it. My blog turned one back in November, so this year I am celebrating milestones in posting instead. In honour of 100 posts of sharing, I though I might go through my blog and pick out some of the best. Then I thought some more, and decided that a) way too much work, and b) there aren't really enough to choose from, yet.

This blog has been with me through the good times and the bad, starting with my very first semester of University. It has helped my stay connected to those I care about, and has proved an able sounding board to my late-night ramblings and neurosis, and for that I am truly grateful. In honour of this momentous occasion, I invite you, dear reader, if you desire, to share with me your favourite memories of this blog. I also invite you to think of a name for her. Yes, my blog is a she. It seems a little weird to me to be so attached to something nebulous and impermanent, something that lives in the realm of the transient, fickle Internet, so I figure why not go whole hog, embrace the weirdness, and name the thing.

And in November, when she turns 2, I'll think of something better to mark the occasion.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Hi! Funny, I was perusing the old posts on my blog the other day, realizing that it had been around for rather a while! However, I was being all impressed by the fact that I had over 50 posts. Clearly I am somewhat lacking in the post department. As for favourite moments of your blog, I think the game where you award points for various things of your choosing was fairly spiff. As for a name, I'm not sure, although I'd throw out Gertrude simply for the fact that anything or anybody named Gertrude is evidently something or somebody of much, much character. Not to mention resilience. The poor kid. Anyways....

Redcard Sanchez said...

Oh my goodness! 100 posts! I am both surprised and grateful that these blogs have lasted for as long as they have.
In general, I love all your posts. Your writing is entertaining and engaging, and I'm always excited to see something new for me to read. It's seriously better than television. As for the name, I like anything that begins with M, like Marjorie or Mabel or Myrtle or Marion. Or you could name her after an herb that nobody's named after, like parsley.