Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hey man, that's not kosher!

So the other day my landlord installed a fridge for the people downstairs to use (myself and 2 boys are downstairs). I thought to myself "this seems a little useless. I mean, the kitchen is upstairs, as are my non-perishables. I don't want to lug all my food up whenever I want to cook something!" But you know what? Now I think it's a good idea.

I have these tomatoes-on-a-vine, you see. They are my favourite kind of tomato, and they also happen to be the least expensive, making me love them even more. That is not to say they are cheap. They are not. So imagine my surprise when I go upstairs to grab me some food, and there's my roommate (we'll call him Compu-J) making dinner, which apparently includes one of MY tomatoes! I didn't say anything as he cut the poor thing up right in front of me (although I should have - his idea of a good meal is a bacon and mayo sandwich - he can't properly appreciate a tomato-on-a-vine) because he just so happens to be the grandson of the landlord. Needless to say, I am very seriously contemplating moving my perishables to the downstairs fridge. I buy them because I want to eat them, bucko.

In other news, I am contemplating auditioning for a play. If I get the part (which I doubt, but IF) it wouldn't actually be a big deal, as the play opens early November, before the bulk of my midterms and essays come along. The auditions tomorrow, and I don't have to prepare anything. I may go check it out. Although the title and blurb does sound fishy: Man and Beast - This original creation tells the stories of several characters exploring their fantasies and discovering new aspects of their sexual lives.

I dunno about you, but I'd rather the first aspects of my sexual life not take place on a stage. I still think I'm going to check it out; it sounds better than the other audition this week - "A family oriented creation that fuses music, dance, theatre to share the powerful, moving stories of newcomers to Lethbridge about their journeys to Canada and their experiences once they got here. Together, we are creating a show to evoke, to provoke, and to joke about the political, environmental and personal changes that drive people across borders, reshaping their lives and our world."

Yes, that's what it says.

I know.



UNIVERSITY COMMON
speed recap:
Kassandra - our heroine
Aureoll - Kassandra's mother, a wealthy overbearing widow who owns the sorority where Kassandra, Trisha, and two yet-to-be introduced (or invented) girls live.
Trisha - the token African-American character, Kassandra's new friend, likes killing zombies.
Masters - Kassandra's childhood friend and stone cold FOX. Just back from somewhere exotic and desirable, sensitive but manly art student
Irene - As far as we can tell, the Devil in sexy heels, fashionable power suits and an eye patch. There's a bad history between her and Kassandra. Why? We Don't Know.


And here's the next exciting installment:

As Masters tried to unglue his eyes from the sashaying derriere of the mysterious eye-patched woman (at least she's a mystery to him; most things are) Kassandra and Trisha were sitting on a bench on the other side of campus, discussing their recent class together.

"Hey Trisha, don't you think the professor looks like a young Sean Connery?"

Trisha looked skeptical. "No, I think he looks the the lovechild of Rob Schneider and Carrot Top. Do you even have eyes, girl?"

Rolling her eyes, Kassandra huffed at her friend. "Of course I do. You just have no taste."

"Hey, if taste means lusting after gangly white men with teeth like a horse, I'm glad I don't have any."

Kassandra could not believe what she was hearing. "What? That prof is like a Greek god! I didn't hear a word he said, I was staring so much. If you don't find him gorgeous, you have to at least admit that Masters Jasonfield is a stone cold fox."

"'Stone cold fox?' Who says that? And who is this Master of fields guy?" Trisha laughed.

"Masters Jasonfield? Only like the most eligible bachelor of North-North-West Springtuckett U! I've known him since forever. You have to meet him." And with that, she pulled a grinning Trisha off the bench.



And that's it for now. I know it's shallow, but it's a soap. But I promise I won't turn Kassandra into a total idjit.

3 comments:

Kesineeee said...

ooooooooo a PLAY!!!! And hahah I love the Soap, it gives me more things to look forward to each day again!

Hermit said...

Buttmunch roommate! I am a fan of those vine ones as well. But yes I vote shoofing them into the downstairs fridge, and if all else fails you should stick them inside an opaque container labelled 'Tofu' for safekeeping.
Hermit
P.S. Yay soap, although me and my crappy brain need to go back and find the old ones for a full renewal.

Ratty said...

Haha, Hermit said 'buttmunch'! It's been far too long since I've heard that term, and methinks the first time from Hermit :). Anyway, Ratty is enjoying immensely the return of UC and Wulf's fantastic narrative skills :)