Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hoerg. Too much licorice.

Have you ever felt like removing your eyes, giving them a thorough cleansing in something minty, and popping them back in? That is what my eyes feel like.
My days this week have been rather uneventful. I don't really have all that much to do except do my readings and type up my notes, and that takes at most 2 hours, leaving me rather bored. I am SO excited for thanksgiving to come. It shall be splendid. And I think I'll take a lot of food back here with me.

As promised, here is UC. I am introducing a new character. And if anybody is having trouble remembering what happened last season, just ask me and I can send ye a word file with all the episodes in order. Oh, and I shall cast the new character in my next post, along with, hopefully, a blueprint of the sorority, so we (and mostly me) can keep things organised.

UNIVERSITY COMMON
While the rest of her world was halfway through its day, Lexi Shofeline was only beginning hers. Her room was the first on the left at the top of the stairs in the sorority house she shared with 3 other girls. The woman who conducted her residency interview seemed to live there too, as she was always somewhere on the premises, generally hurling barely veiled criticisms at the servants. Lexi was somewhat confused by her, and by the servants. She had never heard of a sorority being organised in such a way.

The reason Lexi was only just getting up was her alarm clock; it had gone off. She preferred evening classes because she worked the graveyard shift at a club near the university, and needed the days to sleep.

Lexi was of average height, slim but not skeletal, and had the teeth only years of orthodontry could bring. Her skin was pale, almost anemically so, contrasted by the darkness of her hair. She had her ears pierced, and her nose, and when she did the residence interview Ms. Shammersthin, the woman who abused the staff, told her that it shouldn't be a problem as such piercings were "in". Lexi didn't recall asking if it would be a problem, but felt reassured in an indistinct way nevertheless.
She swiped at her alarm clock.

"Shutup, you - you thing. Yes, the bleeping. Stoppit."

She lifted her head to better aim her swinging hand, and used her other one to extract the strand of hair from her mouth.

"Gross. Better shower. Time? Got 'nuff. Quick shower."




AND that is it for today. It is currently rather late, so I hope that makes sense and is entertaining enough for your distinguished palates, me lovelies.

4 comments:

Hermit said...

Excellent, I appreciate how she talks to herself/her alarm clock!

As for minty fresh eyeballs, the idea kind of makes me think of the death feeling that onions give eyeballs. So notsomuch for me thanks.
Hermit

Ratty said...

oooh, I'm guessing Wulf will be home for Thanksgiving? Splendid! We ought to get together if there is time. I miss being with people in general yet am awful at helping myself by, say, phoning people and asking if they'd like to get together. Anyway- yay for UC! I am definitely a fan, and it did make sense and it was entertaining :)

Ratty said...

oh, and I updated me blog, if you're interested :)

Kesineeee said...

hahaha I like UC! I also like that we'll all be together in less than a week! *checks out Rat's blog*