Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yay for Goals

So instead of going to bed so I can get up and not die in class tomorrow, I was perusing the Internet. More specifically, I was looking at the Mountview Academy site. And I was thinking to myself: "This seems awesome. Why am I not super excited? I wish it focused more on movies. Is there such a thing as a film school? My god, there is, isn't there?" So the next hour was spent perusing film school sites. GUESS WHAT. I have a goal in life now! My goal is to finish my social science degree here, and then go to the Vancouver Film school! (Or the Toronto or the Victoria School, but those are second choices.) I will take their 4 month intro to acting course, and then hopefully get invited to their acting program, and maybe also take programs in writing for TV and make up/prosthetics for the film industry! Yay for over educated! And I like that all their courses appear to be 12 month dealies. My only concern in money. YOWZA. Each year tuition is, oh, the cost of a small car. So I guess I shall be working all summer, and part time in the school year, because I do not like debt, but I really wanna go. So hooray for a future. Of course, I could be almost 26 by the time I'm done... I forgot my point. That is not old at all! LIFE PLAN! FILM SCHOOL!

P.S. Comment! And tell me a) that I'm an idiot, or b) I'm not really a totally unrealistic loser?

1 comment:

Redcard Sanchez said...

You are far from a totally unrealistic loser. Film school sounds perfect for you! Maybe you could turn University Common into a miniseries...who knows? Yay, I am excited about your goals. They are fantastic, and they allow me to better achieve my own goal of living vicariously through my friends.
Plus, I don't think over-education is ever a bad thing. If anything, it'll allow you to win at Trivial Pursuit every time.