Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ah well.

Today was a full day. I got up rather late, and as a consequence did not have a shower, went to school, suffered through a very un-entertaining class, slept like a wee babe down in the depths of the fine arts building (I brought my sunglasses today, so I was wearing them with my jacket hiked up to my ears, slumped in my seat. If I'd worn a hood, I would have looked like the unibomber, napping.).

Then I had drama, in which we presented our monologues for the directing class that will be directing us in our last scenes, which went well. Then I went to the mall because I had booked an appointment to donate blood, long story short I can't! Which I was actually somewhat relieved about, because R-Girl was informing me of horror stories. Basically, because I was in a malaria risk area (Turkey) I am ineligible for a year. But I did get to have my hemoglobin tested, which was cool (I am not anemic!), but the puncture dealy hurt like a sonofabitch and I bled all over the lady's glove.

So THEN I went to the store where I got the previously discussed stuffed animal, and found a cheap mug with a duck motif. I really need to stop going there.


And while I'm sure that qualifies as The Daily 'Dote, here is another.

I went to a lecture on Race, Gender and Citizenship after 9/11 (which was as interesting as it sounds), ate way too many cookies, and met a charming octogenarian. He showed me the wonderous prairie view from the balcony (which I was already familiar with) and seemed to sincerely believe that all the world's problems would be solved by making all positions of power egalitarian in terms of gender. I am inclined to agree, but his basis for this assertion was "women are nurturers who instinctively seek out gentleness and kindness, and men are heartless destroying machines." I hesitate to paint the world with such broad strokes, but I try to avoid feverent debates with people on the cusp of senility. (It's true. He was a charming man, but he gave everybody in the room the same careful description of the magnificent prairie valleys.)

1 comment:

Kesineeee said...

awww it's sad when classes and lectures are so uninspiring. Haha. oh well, we all gotta do 'em!

Yay for senile men!...?

I need to get better about commenting!

PS I updated mine too!