Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Well then.

So today, I learned that I did not get a part in a directing scene. Sad. Later today I was shopping for supplies for my monologue (my teacher suggested I put my hair up, which will be the first time in a decade) and I came across a stuffed animal in a discount bin. The store where I was shopping was one of those cheap stores that sell cheaply made copy-cat products. It's a fascinating stuffed animal, about 14 inches tall, grey, and it looks like a cross between snarf from Thundercats and an old-school Disney animation cat wearing sunglasses. It's interesting appearance, cheap price, and my need of cheering up all added up to me being richer one toy.

As I was searching the Internet for pictures of the toy that I could show you, I found out that it is a character from a book. The book is called Kittywimpuss Got Game, written by a fairly successful (at least by her website) animal knick-knack seller. I don't know why this seems more momentous than it is. Perhaps because I thought it was just a ridiculous, fair-ground, let's-stick-sunglasses-on-it-because-we-have-spare-fabric kind of toys, that to find out it was based on a character...

Sadly, the basketball was not included.

1 comment:

Kesineeee said...

aww I'm sorry you didn't get in a directing scene. Those people will feel like a holes when you're famous!!

Bahahah awesome stuffy story! I need to get more stuffed animals I think!

I MISS YOUUUU!