Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ouchies.

So remember that list of resolutions I made? I have actually started one, and I'm even sticking to it. Ladies, I have taken up running. Crazy right? Me, doing cardio? I have decided that the optimal time to run is between 9 and 10 at night, because it is dark and not many people are out, so no one can see me wheezing and running like an ancient three-legged warthog, but people are still awake so I can knock on doors should an emergency arise. I think I should make it clear that I hate having to run (why can't I get fit sitting in a chair?) I hate preparing to run (2 bras - I should go shopping [TMI?]) and I hate the actual running, because I am convinced either one leg is shorter than the other or my body is disproportionately muscled, as my right leg always complains. The one thing I do like about running is not running after running. Feels sooo goooood.

The Daily 'Dote
On Monday I went to a free screening of To Kill a Mockingbird (which was pretty well done, the child actors were good) and on the way, as I was sitting on the bus, I overheard this aged, foreign bus driver talk about how people who refuse to drink think they're better than Jesus, because Jesus drank and it says in the Bible you're supposed to. He was very good natured about it, and I was impressed by his rhetoric. (I realise, of course, that there are many different versions of the Bible that I am not familiar with, and I don't think he was either, but still: very convincing.

2 comments:

Hermit said...

*pats for the wulfy*
I am so impressed, my resolutions are quietly failing away.
I hate running too, bleh, makes me feel like death, but I do like your sneaky plan of running when its dark (haha, and your three-legged warthog killed me)
Also that theory of the busdriver is an interesting one, although I too have little knowledge on the bible subject so I can't really form an opinion. *gasp, I know, a quasi churchgoer not knowing, but I swear when you go to sunday school you don't learn much at all about what's in the bible, or maybe I never paid any attention, anyways...

Kesineeee said...

haha the warthog line definitely killed me too! bahaha!
I for one, love running now...I used to hate it, but now I love it. So weird. I am crazy...pain=awesome I guess! hahaha!

OoooOO I want to see To Kill A Mockingbird!

I too know too little about the Bible at this point in my life to have any more opinion on the matter also...but he does make an interesting point!