Friday, March 16, 2007

The grass here is starting to green, even through the intermittent snows. It pleases me.
There are more deer about, and the magpies are back. School is almost over, and I am so happy.
I get 3 marks back early next week. YAY! I actually can't wait for my anthropology final. I'm going to ace it.
Lately, I've been experiencing this yearning for the pacific. I just want to be able to smell it, and see it, and wander the beaches along it. I want to ride a ferry, and find cool animals, and hike through the woods, and visit my grandparents house.
I love that house, and it makes me sad that they'll eventually have to leave it. And the people who get it probably won't take care of the gardens, which is a pity, because they are huge and beautiful, and there are fruit trees and vines and vegetable patches. And they might pave the driveway, which would be a horrible thing to do, because then the sound of tires and feet on the gravel that I find incredibly comforting won't be there anymore.

I really want to show people it. You folksies should come sometime, and we can sleep in a tent on the balcony and listen to the creepy-crawly clean the pool and the crickets and the cows. And we can make homemade dinners, massacre wasps, and take drives to the ocean and spend entire days on the beaches and in the forests. And we can visit victoria harbour, and buy english candies, and look at the barnacles and minnows.

3 comments:

Hermit said...

Bleh, I still have another whole term left, yuck.
Mm, yes I vote that going there is a grand plan, BC is so nice and their place seems especially nice (or in my head anyways, hehe)
But hooray for a break soon, yay Easter! Oh and I am just reminding myself now to ask parents about the orphan wulfy.
Hermy

Kesineeee said...

best idea ever, and my parents agreed!!

Redcard Sanchez said...

Man, I totally actually think we should. It sounds like the most magical place in the world, and I'd like to see it before the tides of change swoop in and swallow it up.