Thursday, March 8, 2007

Whatever happened to that white dog poop from the seventies?

Do you think it's possible that because I didn't post for so long, people have forgotten that my blog exists?
I ask because I only got 3 comments from people other than me so far. I love comments. They assure me that people care, and when I don't get them, I do crazy things. Like cry. (But not really, because my tear ducts are made of STONE. Except when watching movies that really aren't all that good cinematically, but magically turn me into mush.)

I love Torchwood. Kesinee knows this, but others might not. So I thought I might say it. As you may have guessed, from your vast knowedge of my quirks (it's the kindest word for them, really) it is a sci-fi show. But it is one with actual people and interpersonal relationships that go beyond the incedental, must-have-something-other-than-technobabble kind.

Which is a bad thing, or something. It hasn't been getting the best reviews. Those reviewer types say it isn't like Doctor Who (which is spun off of) and that it tries and fails to be Buffy. Why can't it just be Torchwood, I ask? Why does it have to be like Doctor Who, or Buffy? Do we even need another show about an angst queen who does vampires and kills them? Maybe we need a show about alien technology that isn't set on other planets, with characters who aren't perfect but you love them more because of it?

Incidentally, both Torchwood and Buffy have lesbians that died. (Like Buffy, not all of them die. Unlike Buffy, they are technically bisexual, and the majority are MyStIcAl aLiEnS.)
I say this, because this is the only way I could ever see someone using as proof that they are trying to be Buffy. Honestly, why would you want to be? One was enough, people. If you really want it, there are DVDs.

Okay, rant over. I'm not sure why I did that. Wait, yes I am. It's my evil agenda. I'm trying to corrupt people into liking sci-fi. Because then the world will be mine!

And now my brain is off, but I am still typing. So I will bite off my fingers to save you all, and then go to sleep, and do laundry tomorrow.

Oh, but right before that, for 2 contest points, name the source of my title! (yes, that's right, read my mind.)(Or, use the internet!)

*bites*

shbxndv cxn cvn jhvcjnjh v

8 comments:

Ratty said...

It's that thing! That song! From the Sarah Silverman Program! Yes. Do you frequent afterellen as well, or do you actually watch that show? Anyways, yay, first post!

Joelle Haney said...

ahaha, yes...where she compares its disappearance to the disappearance of feelings in a relationship. It's moving.

Paula R said...

Poor lesbians. They're always the first to die (when the black man doesnt). Oh paula, that was baaaaaaaaaad.

Wulf said...

YES! 2 points ratty! And yes, afterellen is the funniest place on the internets, and I watch clips of Sarah Silverman's show on the internet. Tis great.
And yes, the lesbians. They are either dead or evil, like the black man is also portrayed. (If I leave out the "is also portrayed", like I almost did, it looks REALLY racist. oops.)
Although I think it's getting better. Sorta.

Ratty said...

Sarah: Hey Tig!
Tig: Yeah
Sarah: Do you know how many lesbians it takes to screw in a lightbulb?
Tig: No
Sarah (to the others): She should know that...
Laura: I think it's three
*dies*
As for tv portrayals, the gay man doesn't seem to fare much better, being either promiscuous, asexual or dead. I love Hollywood/ television stereotypes.

Redcard Sanchez said...

Wow...I definitely didn't get what my sister just said. That doesn't happen at all ever.

I too am frustrated with tv critics saying that some show is trying to be some other show. Either that or it's trying too hard to be fresh and original. Poor tv people are put under so much pressure these days. Every sitcom is trying to be Seinfeld. Every sci-fi series is trying to be Dr. Who. Every drama is trying to be ER or Law & Order or WHATEVER. If they succeed, they're nothing more than spinoffs. If they fail, that's even WORSE. Good gracious, how do these people sleep at night?

Speaking of which, I should probably go to bed.

Wulf said...

Oh, hollywood. You and your stuff.

Sarah: As a lesbian, I resent your laughter. And all laughter.

Oh Sarah Silverman.

Kesineeee said...

I LOVE TORCHWOOD SO MUCH