Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I should be working right now (that could be a song. A theme song even.)

Alrighty, so I am now doing ratty's idea(s) and seeing how they work, but I can always use more suggestions.
There will now be 3 regular sections of my blog (4 if we do the round robin thing). They are: general stuff like wot I usually write, The Daily 'Dote (which I think should have a trivia element sometimes to incorporate kes's suggestion, and which will be added at the end of each day, edited onto the day's post) and the online soap opera, let's see... ah! UNIVERSITY COMMON. There we go.

UNIVERSITY COMMON
It was Kassandra's first day of University, and she couldn't be more excited. She tried on so many outfits that morning she had to open the emergency wardrobe to get it just right. She was going to the same prestigous university as her childhood friend, Masters Jasonfield, and she wanted to look extra edible. He had been in Europe for the past three years, and had a consistent layer of manly stubble. Kassandra had noticed that lately, whenever Masters was around, she got a little carried away with all the longful glances (she almost sprained her neck gazing as he left the room), but it was hardly her fault he aquired a permanent, sexy tan when in we-don't-know-yet.

Kassandra's musings on Masters' beta carotene skin were interrupted when her mother called her downstairs. Kassandra's mother, Aureoll Shammersthin, was an extremely wealthy widow who also happened to be slighty overbearing. When Kassandra was accepted into North-North-West Springtuckett U, her mother immediatley bought the most prestigous sorority in order to be closer to her only child and make snap judgements about the other students.



Alrighty, so that's it for now (see relevant part of the title). I'm a litte rusty at the whole writing thing, lemme know whatcha think.

10:37 PM: The Daily 'Dote
Alright, so some of you may know that I missed my first essay in rhetoric. My paper had a rather glaring error in it, so I didn't have time to redo it, and my prof had a "if not handed in in class, then you get a 0" policy. So I explained the situation to him when it happened, and he really didn't have any sympathy. But then a couple of weeks ago, I asked him if there was anything I could do to help my marks. Apparently, this greatly impressed him, and he called me after class today and said that as I was willing to do the work and because I approached him about it, if I give him a little paper by thursday, he can make the impact of me missing that essay less. So yes, I am doing better in rhetoric - even got an A on the last test!

8 comments:

Redcard Sanchez said...

Oh man. That's the best story ever so far. I don't know how on earth any of us could follow that up. I think you're well on your way to fame and e-riches.

Wulf said...

Grin. Why thankee!
I like me soap opera. I will update it regularys.
What should our round robin story be on?
Who should start it?

Eve said...

K, wulf, you = having the best blog ever. I lurve this idea. And the round-robin story one. Hooray for you.

Ratty said...

AAAAHHHH! I loves it Wulf! 'Kassandra'! 'Masters'! *dies*. Hmmmm, as for the round robin story...Hey, how's about we just start with that as a title 'the round robin'...Okay, I already have an idea, so I'll start. Then the first person to post a comment on it will be the next author, and the next to comment on that person's (other than myself) will be next, and it shall continue till we've all had a turn then begin again with meself. How does that sound?

Wulf said...

It sound splendid. I am unreasonably excited about this.

Kesineeee said...

yay for good ideas! Ahahah I love your story so far! So...so cheesy and grand! I've always liked how you write though! You = plan road trip when you can! Ok? Ok!

Kesineeee said...

and YAY for your essay being ok!

Ratty said...

Ooh, Wulf I am impressed with your actually-talking-to-professor skills! I am such a wuss about those kinds of things, mostly because I am unreasonably ashamed whenever I miss assignments or hand them in late. So good for you, you get a ratty-patty on the back! *Ratty patty*