Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday Update

Alrighty, so I REALLY need to organize this trip thing. In order to do that, I need email addresses. Technically I have all of them, but I can't remeber preferences or anything. So those parties interested in the BC trip, email me at my hotmail and give me your preferred method of contact.




It's Meredith Vieira! I have a soft spot for her.

9:17 PM: The Daily 'Dote
Really don't have much of one. I did nothing all day, and had a long nap instead of getting my freaking passport photos, which I must must do on the morrow.

UNIVERSITY COMMON
"You remember Irene, don't you Kassandra? Aunt Kerra's stepdaughter?"
Kassandra did remember Irene. It has been 3 years since they saw each other last, but Irene looked the same as she ever did, perhaps a little taller.

"Yes, mother, of course I do. How are you, Irene? You look lovely."

"Kassandra, darling, it's wonderful to see you again! How I've missed you."

Aureoll looked very pleased as they did the perfunctory european double cheek kiss.
"Irene will be attenting North-North-West Springtuckett U! Isn't that marvellous? But you'll have to excuse me girls, I'm needed in the kitchen. The cook again. Honestly, they call them the help because they need so much. Continue the reunion, dears! Dinner in a half hour, I should think."

As soon as Aureoll had swept out of the room, the demeanors of the two young women plunged into thinly vieled hostility. They backed a step away from eachother and began circling, like ravenous jungle cats; but the tone of voice they used to address the other seemed to contradict their body language.

"Why Irene, I thought you dead!"

"Thought, or hoped, darling?"

"To be perfectly honest, I haven't ever wasted a hope upon you."

"I'm like a bloodstain, sweetheart: hard to get rid of."

"What are you doing here, Irene?"

"Why, studies, Kassandra, as your dear mother just expained! A suspicious nature is bad for one's complexion."

"So is being pure evil. I see you've been bathing in virgin blood to maintain yours. You forget, Irene, I know you. Why are you here?"

"Perhaps you used to know me. Not anymore. However, I will say I am here in the interest of....family solidarity."

"Oh, so there's money involved."

Irene laughed.
"Of course there is. There always is, in a family like ours."

Kassandra was not amused.
"So what is it this time? A phony inheritance scam?"

"Now now, you know I don't like to repeat myself. That didn't work so well, you remember? One of my less effective brainchildren."

"How did you get out of prison so quickly anyway? You were supposed to be in there for 3 years, not 3 weeks."

"Kassandra, Kassandra, Kassandra. Why would you even ask that? You must know I would never tell you. But I will say this: blood is thicker than water, afterall. Too bad we aren't related."

"Much less strain on your conscience when you murder me in my sleep, hmm? This blood thing, I assume it has something to do with your mysterious absence for the past while?"

"The bleach hasn't completely destroyed your brain, sherlock. It's been absolutely wonderful catching up with you, sweetheart, but I must go and settle in."

With that, Irene adjusted her eyepatch and strode off in her designer suit, hips swaying and heels clacking.



And that's a double issue, because tis a mite longer! Yay!

5 comments:

Hermit said...

Argh! Ye knoweth me email (or so I hope) but unless BC trip gets postponed poor, lonely, abandoned Hermy has to miss out on one of our only full group expeditions *whinesniff*
Did that make you feel sufficiently sorry for me? *grin*
Me is interested in this eyepatch friend aussi.
Hermy
P.S. Is someone going to do the next thingy of our round robin dealy?

Kesineeee said...

oooooooh I love evil people with eye patches! I am excited for the next installment already!

Kesineeee said...

and use either of my email addresses, I check both of them everyday (kesi_bean@yahoo.com, and sportaerobix_star88@hotmail.com) And YES we need to plan this top speed so it can work out!!!!

Redcard Sanchez said...

I am in love with your story. If it was on television I would never leave the house.

Wulf said...

Golly! I am mighty pleased that you're enjoyin' it so much.