Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Real Deal

UNIVERSITY COMMON
Kassandra hurried down to see what her mother wanted. She had to dodge a few other girls on the stairs. Her mother had deemed 3 other girls fit to be living with her and her daughter, based on their answer to the pamphlet survey question “Will you wait until marriage?” Only four girls replied in the affirmative, but one wasn’t nearly pretty enough. She looked like Aureoll’s late husband.
At the bottom of the second spiral staircase, Kassandra could see her mother waiting impatiently. Aureoll married young and was widowed young, and people often mistook her for Kassandra’s sister. [ignore – note from the author to herself – retcon this and first part, could come in handy later] She has hair the colour of dark chocolate (but only her hairdresser knows what the box really says) and pale blue eyes. A charitable description of her eyes in a normal state is piercing. More accurate would be soul-rending.
As Kassandra hit the last stair, someone came out of the kitchen and strode towards them. Could it be? It was! It was her….

Alright, that’s what I got for today. I think Tuesdays ones will be longer, as there is obviously more time to work on them. And I swear there will be meaningful dialogue on Tuesday.
Do you feel all cliff hangery? Probably not. I doubt anyone’s emotionally invested in my characters, especially because they are two dimensional soap opera style and it’s only the second instalment. I do think I will begin adding more depth, to Kassandra especially, once all of the principle characters have been introduced. And I find a plot… (Pretend you didn’t see that. I know where this story is going. Really.)






5:54 PM: The Daily ‘Dote
1. I am on a bus right now! It’s kind of awkward typing like this, but not as bad as I thought. It actually may be easier than my at my desk. But the reason I don’t type when I am there is because of the internet and it’s unrelenting hold on me. I am its bitch. But I love it. (I am writing this in Word.)
2. I ran out of money on my food card a couple days ago, and I ran out of cash money yesterday. So today, meals = 1 mars bar, bought with scraped-together-change. I am a little peckish.

1 comment:

Hermit said...

Allo Wulf,
me is just heading out to go to edmonton but I wished to spiel to someone before I left, I cant recall who I was speeching to but the idear of perhaps toboganning was brought up, so mayhap if that is still a plan (yes, yes?) then folks could be informed to bring attire of sleddingness.
Hermy