Sunday, April 1, 2007

So, tis the first day of april. I get up late, which is good for me but not so much for my academic career, as I have Things To Do. That isn't what I wanted to talk about though. (Hallelujah.) So, first day of April, and it's snowing. Alot. Although not all of it seems to be sticking around; some is melting. There are also many birds singing, which may be robins, which is contributing to the surreal feeling of the afternoon. Picture this, if you will:

You're looking out the window and up the coulee. The lawn leading up to the hill is greening, like someone got interupted after painting the edges. There are large, fluffy flakes of snow drifting down (a little at an angle, it IS Lethbridge), but none are sticking to the lawn or the path. Instead of the snow blanketing all sounds and giving you a sense of isolation, the air is filled with happy birdsong, the kind you hear if you get up at four AM and watch the sunrise. Every so often, a flock of 100 or so picks itself up and floats through the air. They are small birds, and they flap their wings 2 or three times a second, so when in the air, it looks like the entire flock is vibrating.




Did that work? Do you feel all surrealled?

2 comments:

Ratty said...

Wow, I do feel all surreal. However, I have to say that I envy your coulee and your robinsong and your green grass. Seriously, I've decided that someone must really hate Calgarians. It's happened 3 times now, where things slowly begin warming up, the sky gets blue and the snow melts away, and just when one begins to feel that 'oh my goodness, it's spring!' joyful giddiness, it snows! And it's that evil, tiny fleck snow that comes with those grey-brown clouds that cover the entire sky and make everything look like its dying. It's the most tortuous thing EVER! I wish there was someone to blame for the weather...

Kesineeee said...

hahah I wish that toooooo! Ahh Lethbridge was so nice! That was nice and surreal...a nice getaway from here thas fo so! Aww, I know what teh coulee looks like even...you had a good view...I...I have a wall, a tree (if you look far enough to the right) and a lamp post...*throw confetti for winning worst view ever prize*)